Welcome to ZenCaffeine.
Does living a Zen-inspired life feel unattainable to you?
Do you think that, to be “Zen,” you need to be this ethereal, robe-swaddled being of perfection, always present, mindful and accepting of everything?
LOL. Good luck!
But for real. I used to think of Zen that way too, until I started taking Zen classes a couple years ago. There, I learned that you can incorporate peaceful principles into your life and still keep your personality. That you can live a Zen-inspired life without being perfectly peaceful at every moment.
And that’s what this blog is all about.
If you want to create more peace, presence and love in your life, this is for you.
If you wanna do that and be silly, creative and light, this is for you too.
I’ll blend the two together for you to help you take small steps towards more love, light and joy…This unique blend is called, of course, ZenCaffeine.
The Zen is the slowly sipping green tea, the watching of the trees blow in the wind, the appreciation of the warm sun glowing on your face. It’s the opening of your heart, the growing of compassion and the morning meditation to get you centered.
The Caffeine is the straight up WHIMSY. It’s applying Zen principles in a lighthearted way. It’s weirdness. It’s starting a Nerf gun war by shooting the first dart at a 10 year-old. It’s drawing zombies on your windows with window markers (link). It’s calling people “superstar,” “lovey,” and “turdburglar” (typically reserved for the 10 year-old).
So if you were wondering what ZenCaffeine is about, there you go! It’s a nice mix of Ohm and OhMy! It’s a community of peacemakers, dreamweavers and whimsically kindred spirits.
Here, we open our hearts, step into the moment, live in peace and whimsy, and craft our dream lives. We live intentionally, have a superstar vision for the future, and support each other along the way.
Are you feelin’ it?
Hooray! Welcome, future friend. To become an official member of Club Awesome, just type your e-mail into the form up top and hit submit. That way you’ll be sure to get all the latest updates. If you like social media, you can find me on Twitter and Facebook.
I can’t wait to get to know you, so please, feel free to have a poke around and drop a comment or two. Or better yet, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org . I’d love to hear from you.
About Kaylee Rupp
About me, eh?
I feel a little awkward writing this, like in college or a job interview when they ask, “So…Tell me a little about yourself.”
How ‘bout I start with what I’m not: I’m not a Zen master. I don’t even meditate every day. And when I do, sometimes I roll my eyes and grumble. I’m not always this joyful ball of energy. Sometimes I’m a tired, crabby b – especially when I’m hungry (just ask my boyfriend). I’m not a published writer, practicing coach, or paid speaker (YET).
But I am a seeker, a dreamer, a writer, a peacemaker, and a weirdo. I’m crafting a life I adore, piece by piece. Sometimes I get impatient, but mostly I’m trying to enjoy the ride.
Besides a B.A. in Sociology, I’m an enthusiastic student of life. I’ve taken peace-making Zen classes, read lots of books, partnered with an awesome life coach, started writing a book, written this blog for a year and a half, and practice whimsy on the daily. I’ve set goals and accomplished them. I’ve set goals and failed. And I’ve learned lots of lessons that I’d love to share with you.
I also think credentials are a little boring.
You know what I think is more fun? Bullet points. So here are some random factoids for you:
- In fall 2012, I took a ballet class ‘cuz I always wanted to be a ballet dancer. It sucked. One dream down, twenty to go!
- I unintentionally open my left eye wider than my right, and my eyebrows are almost constantly arched.
- I’ve always wanted to be an amazing painter. But I’m not – yet?
- I play a supportive role for my manfriend as he parents his son. I’m like the unofficial stepmom (without the evil part, usually).
- The Sims 3 is my favorite computer game ever.
- After being an atheist for 24 years, in November 2012, I finally gave in and told God, “You win.” I never thought I’d be a believer, but here I am.
- I didn’t know what a “birthday suit” was until I was 16.
- I’m currently wearing mood earrings in my 4 gauge earholes. One is blue and one is green…Not sure what that means..
- I have a health condition called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
- I LOVE handwriting things in swirly, pretty font.
- I love going to bed early, and am often waiting for the kid to go to sleep so I can. 9:30 bedtime? YES PLEASE!
- When I was 4, I wanted to be Angela Lansbury because she played the voice of Mrs. Potts (the teapot in my fav movie, “Beauty and the Beast”). I even told my preschool teacher that I was changing my name to hers.
So there you have it. I’m a quirky, quiet old soul who loves to write, eat and play Zombies on Call of Duty.
Wanna share some random facts about you? Please do! I think those can tell the most about someone, and I want to know you.